Lompoc Wildfire Preparedness Exposition
The Santa Barbara County Fire Safe Council is excited to welcome the community to our Wildfire Preparedness Exhibition on Saturday, October 7th at the Lompoc Veteran’s Memorial Building to learn how to live in a landscape threatened by wildfire! We have several family-friendly activities and exhibits planned. There will also be booths from over a dozen organizations so residents can get tailored information about how to prepare for the next wildfire. We will also introduce community members to our upcoming grant project, the Lompoc Valley Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP).
Click HERE to download the event flyer!
Saturday, October 07 - 10 am - 4 pm
10:00 am: Event Starts
11:45-2 pm: Free food available
11: Speakers start
- 11-11:10 pm: Supervisor Joan Hartmann introduction
- 11:15-12 pm: CWPP Speaker/Q&A: Rob Hazard: Division Chief, SB County Fire / SBCFSC Board Member
- 12-12:30 pm: Home Hardening Speaker: Wildland Fire Specialist, Montecito Fire Dept / SBCFSC Board Member
- Lunch Break
- 1:15-2 pm: Evacuation Talk: Gustavo Agredano: Community Wildfire Resilience Associate, SBCFSC
- 2-2:15 pm: Team Rubicon: Jim Kniss: Central Coast Administrator, Team Rubicon
4 pm: Event ends
Free food is available at 11:45!